Friday, June 25, 2010

Is K-Rino the Best Rapper in Houston?

I was listening to Scarface's latest mixtape, and he has an interlude where he says that K-Rino is the best rapper in Houston. Funny, because I've been having the same thought--and ya'll know how much I love me some Face.

Dude is dope as hell, on some just super duper lyrical shit. Makes me remember why I even still listen to rap music.

Lately though, I've been riding to Blood Doctrine a lot, and have been coming to the inevitable conclusion that K-Rino is one of the best rappers out period. Think Pharoahe Monch's perception/story-telling, Scarface's cool, reflectiveness and Jay Elect's or Killer Mike's political/social/spiritual understanding.

 I was actually at a Jay Electronica show a few weeks ago, and he kept stopping the music to demand that everyone "listen!" to what he was saying!  I feel the same way about K-Rino. "Listen!" to the LYRICISM on these songs:

"Blood Doctrine"- Point: Don't fall victim to the world, society and the Matrix.

"The Debate"- Point: K-Rino cleverly debates (with himself) Creation vs. Evolution 
"Think of the per-fect celestial trajectory/ how things operate things operate successfully, with intricate detailed complexity..." 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your blog !!Thank you. They are really great .
do not miss my goods , they are very beautiful !!
Fashion watches
Discount watches
Antique pocket watches
Engraved pocket watches
pocket watch

biggran said...

You can definitely hear Scarface's influence in his ryhme pattern and voice. Dude is super lyrical & he's dropping hella knowledge. Reminds me of '93-'97 hip hop. I could get into this.

samax said...

nice!