Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Bobby Ray (B.o.B)- "Put Me On" for Reebok Classic



Had a chance to check Bobby Ray doing this live at South Dekalb Mall's Footlocker in conjunction w/ his new advertising campaign for Reebok classics. Reeboks are honestly pretty ugly, although I did get a pretty dope pair in the mail the other day-- some hightops that are pretty hip and fresh. Perhaps I will take a picture?

Anywhoo, I thought this was super-hella dope then (my new word) and still do. I dig the whole Raphael Saadiq-inspired boombox for a head thing too...The story is that Reebok gave the artists involved w/ the campaign an old-school rap song to remix. Bob's was obviously Tribe's "Bonita Applebum." Bobby told me they were so impressed w/ the way the song came out that they were going to do a real push behind it. So I guess this is the start of it?

We all know this kid is so outta here. I just hope he's able to maintain his sanity in the midst of what is surely about to be a media storm in the next year or so. He already seems almost too self-aware and perceptive (dunno if you can be too much of those things, but hopefully you get what I'm trying to say).

Anyways, Bobby Ray is jelly jammin.

No comments: