Friday, May 22, 2009

RoddyRod featuring Carlitta Durand & Phonte- "This Time Around"


Here is a new jamming ditty---producer RoddyRod featuring Carlitta Durand and Phonte. This beat is delightful-- love the way it moves. And of course, I really dig any time Tay & Carlitta collab. Carlitta is probably one of my favorite voices in music right now. I've had the pleasure of "interviewing" her once upon a time back in the day. We did it via AIM and she told me some interesting stuff over the course of our convo. I'll have to dig it up and post it someday. In the meantime...she told me:

1- Her daddy played basketball w/ Prince in high school. Yes, the Dave Chappelle skits are based on reality. Hilarity.

2- The old industry "beauty" standards are still prevalent. Which is, well...retarded.

3- She hates school. I think she graduated this year though, so congrats. Hopefully this means we'll be getting a lot more music.

Tay relationship quotable: "Just cuz you exercise don't mean that we gonna work out..."
Word.

RoddyRod feat Carlitta Durand and Phonte - "This Time Around" from Humble Monarch on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Nanci O said...

if you get a chance check out the 'carlitta's way' mixtape.

pure dope