Wednesday, February 18, 2009

For Whom the Bell Tolls Video- Evidence feat. Blu, Phonte, Will.i.am




I loved this song from the moment I first heard it. A little late seeing the video, but three things:

1. I love it when videos actually match the damn song. Though I do wonder if the guys (especially Tay) got freaked out about being in an actual coffin and traipsing around graveyards and whatnot.

2. This is the first time I've seen Blu with his hair cut. I think it makes him look a little gangster. He's still hot to trot though. Is that gay to say a man is "hot to trot"? Okay, I retract my statement. He's just hot.

3. This is the epitome of what hip-hop should be. You have a "mega-star" (Will.i.am) doing music, and actually appearing in videos with foundation-establishing vets (Evidence), your favorite rapper's favorite rapper that still doesn't get his proper due (Phonte), and your favorite rapper's favorite emerging rapper (Blu). It's refreshingly authentic.

1 comment:

southpeezy said...

how is it gay if a female is saying it?