Saturday, September 6, 2008

VH1 in the Middle of the Night

I can't sleep. So, like most sane people, I got up at like 4:30 a.m. and turned on VH1. Dude, don't watch that channel in the middle of the night, especially if you're feeling any type of way.

First, Duffy's "Warrick Avenue" came on. I've decided that I officially love this song, but the entire video consists of her riding on a bus, crying over her lost love and the inevitable realizations that such a thing carries. Sad.


The actual video doesn't have the embed code.

Next, Adele's "Chasing Pavements" came on. This video has always been a little strange to me, and when I first saw her, I was inclined to believe she was an Amy Winehouse knock off. But in the middle of the night, I finally came to appreciate her sound-which, really, isn't much like Amy's after all. Anyways, her eyes are sad in the video and I felt my mood sinking even further.



Then, Leona Lewis' "Better in Time" came on. She's really pretty but the song is very pop-balladish and pretty sappy, which I'm not really a fan of at all. But, I found myself paying attention to the words anyhow, which are sadly optimistic, if that makes sense. It's hard to be optimistic when you're really sad.



Anyways. The point is, don't turn on VH1 in the middle of the night. You'll end up feeling like Roberta Flack, and I'm not sure that's such a good thing.

1 comment:

Monk said...

VH-1 rocks overnight!! The videos are RIGHT (original, artistic, very-photograph-y) and I like the songs.

Some of them maybe sad, but others are happy. And I love happy songs.

*singing Ms. Bedingfield*

"I got a pocket got a pocket full of sunshine / I got a love and I know that it's all mine / oh...oh oh...Take me awaaayyyyy"...lol.