Thursday, September 4, 2008

Cowboy Troy and the Republican National Convention



The hell is wrong with this nigga? Dude, he joined Gretchen Wilson and some other country cat on stage at the RNC for the weirdest rendition of the "Star Spangled Banner" EVER.

As my boy pointed out, it's like dude- don't you know that 200 years ago they woulda been SELLING your ass on that stage? What did his mama and daddy think, seeing him up there?

It's not that I'm even against black republicans like that. I mean, it's all politics and bullshit and I'm not overly convinced that Bill Clinton and the rest are truly concerned about my plight as a black woman in America either. But come on, man.

We have the first legitimate opportunity to have a black man take control of the white house and your dumb ass supports white ass John McCain? Really? Go lynch yourself.

Which brings me to another video I came across on CNN last week. It features two young black republicans (one guy and one woman) waxing poetic about why they are republicans and how they are not uncle toms, well-dressed coons, or sellouts for supporting the republican party. The dude then went on to attempt to validate his coonery by insisting that he listened to Hip Hop-- Nas in particular. At the end of the segment, they gave a shout out to their buddy, John McCain, and insisted that everyone go vote for him.

So you listen to Nas, eh? I mean, don't get it twisted. I'm no huge Nas fan. I really don't think dude is as deep as he believes he is. And after I saw him wheeze his way through his show here about a month ago, I'm inclined to believe he should be retiring sometime soon. But for dude to insist that he listens to Nas is, well, a damn lie.

"Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?" -Jay-Z, "Renegade"

I know you don't have to share the political/social views of the artists that you enjoy listening to-- believe it or not, there was a time when I sometimes bumped Brotha Lynch Hung and I definitely do not enjoy eating children-- but come on, man. I'm not buyin.

But back to the RNC thing. It looked like one big ass Klan rally (except for Cowboy Troy). Or, should I say, the depths of middle America. I don't know how many of you have been through western Kansas, but that's really what it looks like. Sad. Oh, and Sarah Palin- stop with the beauty pageant wave already. I can't wait until the Manchurian Candidate's mom aka Hillary Clinton pounces on your ass.

6 comments:

THE UNDERWRITER said...

Jesus. I can't even call it. You can't even blame the GOP when they have jigs like these to display in public like chihuahuas on a leash.

Monk said...

The GOP is good at that political shyt. They know how to work it to their favor like a mugg.

By the way, Brotha Lynch Hung and X-Raided is MY SHYT!! I can't get down with all the shyt they talk about but I recognize dope music. "24 Deep", "Lose A Hoe, Gain A Hoe", and "Walkin' To My Funeral" are still in my playlists.

Riblet said...

And they still would be selling people if a Republican named Lincoln did not end slavery. Whats wrong with being black and Republican. Last time I checked the Dems havent done anything but talk.

good for Cowboy Troy for not buying into Barak's talk.

4cryinoutloud said...

good for cowboy troy? really?

we all know that until the 60s republicans were the party most down for the cause. like i said, political parties are bullshit anyway- i'm down with whoever is down for the PEOPLE. and sorry, but mccain ain't it.

and can we PLEASE stop spreading the whole 'Lincoln ended slavery' myth? cuz that's what it is. go read the original emancipation proclamation, which stated that if the south would rejoin the union by a certain date, they would be allowed to keep their slaves. the south refused and as a consequence another one was drafted and slavery was abolished.

boi-dan said...

I wanted to get into Lynch after I heard that song on the I'm Bout It soundtrack, but canceled my research after I heard about his "sick side". I can't talk much though, b/c I bang South Park Mexican all the time. I think he's innocent, but some people freak out about folks who still bang him.

Baby™aka Beatrix Kiddo aka The Bride said...

Yeah, and the Democrats are so much better. They barely wanted to give the nomination to a black man that earned it and your white saviors (Clinton him and her) all but called us slaves, niggers and unworthy.

And Troy is the one with the problem? Look in the mirror. And the ignorant content of your posts.

Don't get me wrong. I'm supporting Obama, but y'all need to get real and get your head out of your ass if you think it's a party thing.

Note: Overall the country is supporting Obama at a much higher rate percentage-wise then your beloved, liberal democrats. y'all got some explaining to do...