Wednesday, May 14, 2008

He's So Well-Spoken!


So, a lot of folks have been going goo-goo-ga-ga over this Killer Mike interview that he did with Sacha Jenkins for Mass Appeal.

It cracks be up, because by and large, a lot of the bloggers who have been talking about it have the white, "wow, you're so articulate!" thing going on with dude. It's like if you're from the south, the sentiment is that you're not supposed to be arguably the most well-spoken, well-read, well-researched dude in the game (Alongside Mistah FAB. Yes, you read that right). You're supposed to rap about (insert: current Shawy Lo song). It's corny on so many levels.

I don't know why stuff like that upsets me so much. I ain't even from the south. But it probably has something to do with the fact that deliberate stupidity irritates the crap outta me. I dunno.

Anyways, this seems like a great opportunity to post up my blurry ass picture with Mike and me and the rest of the panel from Urban Myths. We discussed the state of Hip Hop, society, politics and culture at Fort Valley State a little over a month ago.

That's me, the Lab Ratz, Mike, Maurice Garland, Chris Garland and some cool folk whose names I can't remember (sorry).

It was a GREAT discussion, with Mike of course, leading the way. Dude speaks like an old Civil Rights Leader (and not the Andy Young, John Lewis kind either).

Anyways, his new album is getting ready to drop very soon. And from the bits and pieces I've been able to hear- it's "dope as shit." I always wonder why more rappers don't call on him to feature with them? Is it because their scared of his politics? Scared he will out rap their asses? Eh. Who knows?

I'm just glad to have some fight music, right in time for what is gonna be a long, hot summer.

No comments: