Monday, January 28, 2008

Invasion of the...Mormons?


Since when is the head of the Morm0n Church dying **Breaking News!**?? I didn't even know they had a "head" of the Morm0n church. I was watching the local news last night (trust me, it was by accident- the local news scares the good sense outta me) and they interrupted the nightly psychological warfare (thanks, Tay) to tell us that shit. I clearly don't expect much from our local news outlets, but....Really?

Then I promptly remembered good ole' Mitt Romney is kinda the front-runner for the Republicans and he is a Mormon, thereby making every event in Mormon life a damn top news story. America is so stupid. Mormon's, although slightly less so than Catholics, pretty much scare the shit outta me as well.

Take a look at what the BBC wrote about his death....


"By tradition, a new Church president must be ordained within days on a unanimous vote of the Council of the Twelve Apostles..."

The council of 12, huh? Sounds like a J.K. Rowling book.


Which leads me to a question that I've been meaning to ask for a minute...what is up with the Mormon overload? You know my skeptical ass-- I thought it was too coincidental that HBO started airing Big Love, and then shortly thereafter a dude announces his bid for the Big White House.



Not that there's any real point to the question-- I don't know that a Mormon-ran country would be too much different than how it is now. Sure, what I know (and that's not much) of their doctrine is blatantly racist (have you EVER known a black Mormon?)- but that's been the American way since forever, so no shift there.

Anyhoo, enough of the Tom Foolery. I was just sayin... don't be surprised if Romney is the next president of the great U.S. of A.

No comments: